Hello friends, in this post I am going to show you some ways with which you can download twitch videos. So if you are looking for how to download videos from twitch then you are at the right place. And in this guide, you are going to learn the exact steps that you need to follow to download twitch videos on your device.
The twitch website is a video streaming website but it is focused on gamers. The gamers all around the world can use the twitch .tv platform for live streaming their gameplays and showcase their skills to other gamers. Like YouTube, the twitch .tv also gives the option to the users to subscribe to their favorite gaming channel on twitch for future updates. So if you are a gamer and you love to see people showcasing their skills in gaming then twitch is like heaven for you.
How To Download Twitch Videos
Although, the twitch is only meant to live stream still the users of a channel prefers to download the videos sometimes. But unfortunately, there is no official way to download the twitch videos. However, there are some workarounds that you can follow to offline the twitch videos on your device.
Way 1: Using jDownloader
I have looked at many methods on the Internet for downloading twitch videos. At first, I was very happy to find that there are many ways to download videos from twitch. But when I started trying all the methods that are listed on some of the websites then I found that only a few of them worked. Most of the methods discussed in the websites simply don’t work anymore. These methods might have worked in the past but at present, they are not working. But fortunately I have found few working ways to download twitch videos and one of them is using the jDownloader.
Follow the instructions given below carefully.
1. First of all, download the jDownloader setup installer from their official website. The jDownloader is available for Windows, Linux, Mac and other most popular Operating Systems as well. Just go to the download page link and find the version that is compatible with your device.
2. Once you have downloaded the installer file from the download page you have to open it. Also, keep in mind that you have to have an Internet connection when installing the jDownloader. The file that you just downloaded is not the full jDownloader setup. This is only the web installer. When you click on the web installer that you just downloaded the actual jDownloader will start downloading.
3. Once the full setup is downloaded you can then install the jDownloader on your system. Wait for a few minutes after you have clicked on the web installer and it will finish downloading in few seconds. You can also see the progress of the download with the progress bar.
4. Open the jDownloader once you have installed it successfully.
5. Now the next step is to go to the twitch video that you would like to download. Once you are on the twitch video that you want to download, simply copy the link from the URL bar.
6. When you copy the link from the clipboard the jDownloader will automatically pick it up and will give the following message. This message would be to install a helper plugin for jDownloader. With the help of this plugin, the jDownloader will be able to fetch and download the videos from twitch.
7. Simply click on the “Install FFmpeg now” button. Once the plugin is downloaded successfully you will be prompted to install it. Simply click on the “Install now” button.
8. So now you have set up your jDownloader for downloading videos from twitch. Now go to the video page again and copy the URL again from the URL bar.
9. Go to the jDownloader. Switch to the “Link Grabber” tab. You will see that your desired twitch video will be available for you to download.
10. Now right click on the video and click on “Start Downloads”. You will see that the twitch video will begin downloading by going to the “Download” tab.
Way 2: Twitch Leecher
Hopefully, the first method that I discussed above will work for you to download twitch videos. But if you are finding that above method somewhat difficult then you can follow this method instead. In this method, you are going to use a Twitch Leecher to download the twitch videos. A twitch leecher is a software that quickly scrapes the videos from twitch and gives you the option to download videos.
Basically, it is a twitch video downloader. The great thing about this software is that it is free and open-source as well. I discussed the jDownloader method first because it will work on almost all of the devices, no matter you are using a Windows, Mac or even Linux. But for the Twitch Leecher, you have to have a Windows machine.
So to download the twitch videos using the Twitch Leecher follow the instructions given below carefully.
1. Go to this link and download the Twitch Leecher. If you have a 32bit operating system then download the “TwitchLeecher_1.5.8_x86.exe” file and if you have a 64bit Operating System then download the “TwitchLeecher_1.5.8_x64.exe”. Simply click on the link and your download will begin.
2. Click on the downloaded file and install it on your system. Agree with the terms, choose the destination to install the software and at last click on the “Finish” button.
3. Once you have installed the Twitch Leecher, open it by going to the programs.
4. Now click on the “Search” button the top. You will be presented to put the name of the channel, whose videos you want to download. Simply enter the channel name and hit “Search”. You have a bunch of other options as well. You can choose the options as per your requirements.
5. When you click on the search you will see all the videos broadcasted by that specific channel. Next to each video (in the bottom right corner), you will see a little “Download” button. Simply click on the button and you will be presented with few more options before you can download the video.
Then on the next screen choose the video quality that you want to download. Also, you can specify the location of the video where you want to download. Similarly, you can customize the name of the video as well.
If you want only the specific part of the video, then you can crop the video using the inbuilt functionality of the Twitch Leecher. Simply choose the Start time and End time. Then hit “Download”. The Twitch Leecher will automatically crop the video for you and only download the part of the video that you wish to download.
This feature is quite awesome and it will save you a lot of bandwidth and time as well. You can look at your downloads by clicking on the “Download” button next to the “Search” button.
More About Twitch Leecher
Twitch is the one fo the best and the simplest method to download videos directly from twitch. Not only you can use the inbuilt search feature to find your favorite videos but also use any twitch URL as well, to download the video.
When you click on the “Search” button you will see that the Search page has other tabs as well. You will see a URLs tab and an IDs tab.
When you go to the URLs tab you can simply paste the twitch video URLs (if you have them handy) and download them quickly.
Also, the software does not limit how many videos you can download simultaneously. This means that you can paste multiple twitch video URLs on in the box and download them. Just make sure that each URL that you paste is on its own new line.
When you go to the IDs section you don’t even need the full video URL. You just need to have the video ID that is the last numeric part of the URL. You can paste the video ID into the box and download your videos in the quickest way possible.
If you were desperately looking for a twitch video downloader, I hope that this would be an end to your search. This is an amazing piece of software that allows you to download twitch videos for free. If you like the software, I would suggest you donate some amount to the developer of this software.
You can also download subscribers only VODs from twitch using the Twitch Leecher. For this, to work you have to log into your Twitch account through the Twitch Leecher. You have to authorize the Twitch Leecher with your account so that it can fetch sub-only VODs for you to download.
To attach your account, simply click on the twitch icon next to the “Download” button. There you will see a message that says “If you want to download sub-only VODs, you need to authorize your Twitch account. This is the only way Twitch Leecher can verify that you are subscribed to the channel you are trying to download from.”
I hope you understand the reason why you may need to connect your account for downloading. To connect your account simply click on the “Connect with Twitch” button and fill your login details.
Way 3: Using A Screen Recorder
I know that this method is not specifically about downloading. But yes, if you are watching lots of live streaming broadcasts then you can use this method to offline videos. It would be great if you offline the live broadcast as you watch it, instead of wasting the data the second time when downloading.
The above two methods will definitely help you to solve your problem of how to download twitch videos. But I am sharing this method because I found it quite efficient. I hope you will also like it.
So, as you can probably guess, this method is about using a screen recorder to record your twitch live stream as you watch it. The problem is that there are lots of screen recording software and you will get overwhelmed with all those options.
Unfortunately, the best screen recorders are paid ones. The free screen recorders have a limit on how much time you can record the video. This is the biggest obstacle because these free screen recorders have a time limit of around 30 minutes, which is very less. I have tried lots of screen recording software free and paid and currently using the Icecream Screen Recorder.
You can download and test the free version of the software by going to this link. The free version has some time limits but you can upgrade to the Pro version to get unlimited time limit. If you don’t want to purchase the Pro version then you can search for the cracked version of the Icecream Screen Recorder on Google. I am sure that you are going to find a working crack for your computer.
Once you have downloaded and installed the Icecream Screen Recorder on your PC, then you can perform the following steps to begin recording your screen.
1. Open the software and then click on the “Capture Video” button.
2. Select the video are that you want to record by simply dragging the cursor. Once you have selected your desired area you can click on the “Rec” button.
Now you will see that your screen has been recorded.
3. Hit the stop button when you are done recording the video.
This is an awesome way to not preciously download twitch videos but to offline them. The ultimate goal of yours is to find how to download twitch video, which can be approached using this method as well.
Some things you need to keep in mind before starting the recording are that make sure that you have enough space on your hard drive. If you have don’t have space on your hard drive then you insert a secondary storage device and choose that as a location in the settings of the Icecream Screen Recorder.
Also, make sure to select the appropriate recording quality that you want. This way you can offline twitch videos, without even directly downloading them. Downloading twitch videos can be time-consuming but using this method you can save a lot of time and data as well.
So now you have looked at the methods that are working for downloading twitch videos, let us have a look at the methods that are not working.
Methods That Are Not Working
When I sat down and searched for “how to download twitch videos”, I found some website with the wrong information. They have mentioned a few websites and tools that do not work. Just to make you aware of those websites and tools that do not work, I am going to discuss them with you.
The methods that I am going to discuss now does not work to download twitch videos. Maybe they might have worked in the past but at the time of writing this post, they do not work.
I downloaded the 4K downloader and tried it for downloading twitch videos. I was hoping that it will work but to my surprise, it didn’t. Then I got an error message each time a paste the twitch video URL in the software. This software is a paid software, so don’t ever think to purchase it if you want to download twitch videos from it. This software surely works for YouTube videos but not for twitch videos.
This is a website which is quite popularized by people like you and me for downloading twitch videos. But it seems that this website is not working right now. The website is saveio(dot)com. While researching for this post I found this website and quickly jumped to the twitch tv to grab a video link. Then I pasted the link in the box that says “Enter a url to download tracks or videos”.
I pasted the URL and clicked on the search button. I got the screen like below.
At first, I thought that the twitch video that I was looking to download was successfully fetched for downloading. But when I clicked on any of the options on the website the actual video does not start downloading.
This was my motivation to write this post about how to download twitch videos. I have covered methods that nobody else is talking on how to download twitch videos. I am sure that you found these methods helpful. After reading this post you will no longer ask a question like can you download twitch videos to watch offline? Because of this post, you now know how to save twitch videos. You can also read the post unblock YouTube at school if you are trying to bypass Internet censorship of your school or college.
Also, if you found this post on how to download twitch videos helpful then do share it with fellow twitchers. If you are facing any problem following the steps above then let me know via the comment section below.