Hello friends, in this tutorial, you are going to learn how you can easily install tor browser on Kali Linux.
With tor browser, you can hide your IP address and spoof your location. This helps you in bypassing network firewalls and country based restrictions.
Using tor browser is a very good option if you are concerned about your privacy. Tor network is by far the best way to remain anonymous online.
Although there are many other ways to hide online, none of them compares with Tor in term of security.
So, here is how you can install Tor browser on your Kali Linux machine.
READ: How To Hack WiFi
How Tor Install Tor On Kali Linux
But before that, let me tell you something.
Normally you can’t run tor browser as a root user. This is because of the security threats that it can pose to you. In fact, the developers of Kali also suggests not to use Tor browser as root.
So, keeping that in mind, I’m going to show you how to install tor using the safest and recommended method.
RECOMMENDED: Basics Linux Commands For Beginners
Simply follow the step by step guide to run tor on Kali Linux.
Step 1. Create a new user
1. Type the command adduser <username> in the terminal. I typed add user hacking press and hit enter.
2. Once you gave the desired username you’ll be asked to fill the password. Supply your password twice and hit return.
You can fill out all the details such as Full Name, Phone No if you want but I just skipped all these by hitting enter.
3. At last type y when prompted and hit enter.
Now you have successfully created a new user. Now log out as root and log in as the user that you just created.
Step 2. Download and Install the Tor browser
So once you log into the new use that you created, the next thing is to download the Tor browser.
1. Head over to the link: https://www.torproject.org/download/download
2. Click on the Linux tab and download the 32bit or 64bit version according to your PC specs. I downloaded the 64bit version.
3. The downloaded file will be in tor.xz format. This means that you need to extract the folder first. Double click on the file and then right-click to select the extract option.
4. Once the file is extracted successfully go inside the tor-browser folder and click on start-tor-browser.
You may see a warning message like below, click on trust and launch button.
5. Then click on the connect button to start the tor connection. Likewise, you can view other options too by clicking on the configure button.
This will initiate the tor browser to make a connection with the tor network. Wait for a few minutes and hopefully, you will be connected to the tor network.
Once you are connected to the tor network you are completely anonymous. No one can trace your IP address. Also now you can browse deep websites without getting caught.
Here is me, accessing the famous private search engine Duckduckgo with its onion version.
Tor browser is considered the best way to stay hidden on the Internet. But there are other methods too.
Methods such as using proxy servers and VPNs are also quite popular. These alternatives are simple to use but come with some serious drawbacks.
RECOMMENDED: Ethical Hacking For Beginners Guide
Rundown: How Tor Install Tor On Kali Linux
So this was all about how to install tor on Kali Linux. If you have any doubt or facing any problem while installation, please comment below and let me help you.
In the coming days, I’ll be sharing with you how you can setup proxychains on Kali Linux and also how to setup VPN in Kali Linux.
So stay tuned.